About the role
Join the Refugee Migrant Children Centre (RMCC) team as a Creative Copywriter Volunteer and help kids from refugee and migrant backgrounds thrive in school and life!
About the Role:
As the Creative Copywriter Volunteer, you will contribute to RMCC’s mission of empowering refugee kids to create their own opportunities. You will use your demonstrated copywriting experience and exceptional communication skills to produce and edit quality copy for RMCC’s website, Social Media, annual report, and other projects.
• Write clear and compelling copy across multiple platforms (website, email, and publications);
• Work with the Marketing Manager to maintain and build on RMCC’s tone-of-voice;
• Concepting for upcoming projects in coordination with the Marketing Manager;
• Work collaboratively with the Marketing, Communications, and Graphics teams;
• Edit and proofread copy when needed;
• Liase with the management team and key stakeholders and see projects through to completion.
Your Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrated experience as a copywriter;
• Excellent grammar and command of the written English language;
• Outstanding copywriting/editing skills;
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
• A passion for, and knowledge of, current refugee and asylum seeker issues.
Who You Are:
• Passionate about the mission of RMCC and creating change for vulnerable refugee and migrant children;
• Must be detail-oriented and creative;
• Self-motivated individual that can work both independently and in a team environment;
• Ability to work cross-functionally to contribute to the success of RMCC;
• Prior volunteer experience looked highly upon.
Additional Requirements for This Role:
• Attend team meetings every other month outside of business hours;
• Current Working With Children Check or willingness to obtain one;
• Current National Police Check or willingness to obtain one;
• Able to volunteer a minimum 2 days a week, for a minimum of 6 months.
RMCC helps kids from refugee and migrant backgrounds thrive in school and life.
Our purpose is to tackle the unique and complex barriers faced by children and youth between 5-18 years from refugee, asylum seeker and migrant backgrounds, who now call Australia home, through their settlement journey so they become empowered individuals capable of creating their own opportunities.
We do this by providing unique and tailored mentoring programs in four focus areas of education, identity and belonging, life skills, and mental health and wellbeing, as well as upskilling teachers to better support the needs of the youth within the wider school community. This ensures each young person’s needs are supported not only within our programs, but in all facets of their lives to achieve positive educational and social outcomes.
RMCC was founded in 2012 in response to the CEO, Alice’s lived experience of the challenges she faced growing up in Australia with a refugee background. From humble beginnings in 2012, RMCC now assists over 1,400 children across multiple programs.
At RMCC, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Creative Copywriter Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.