About the role
The Deputy Head of Community Engagement is responsible for the efficient management of all Community Engagement teams, working closely with our State Managers and Directors of each portfolio. Your primary responsibilities in the role will be overseeing the cohesive workings of each portfolio and State Branch, as well as providing managerial support, guidance and assistance to each.
As the Deputy Head of Community Engagement, a typical day might look like:
- Having 1:1 check-in with your State Managers, chatting to them about their priorities, wins, challenges, and how you can support them and their teams.
- Meeting with the Head of Community Engagement, Director of Fundraising, Director of Campaigns, and Director of Communications to chat through overarching strategy and bring an all-encompassing perspective to each – you’ll be connecting the dots between the different portfolios.
- Creating and running training for your State Manager and Directors, to help them excel in their roles (e.g. a training on how to manage people, communications 101).
- Checking-in with the Head of Community Engagement to receive 1:1 training, professional development and support; while also understanding the nuances of the portfolio to be able to act in their place in their absence.
- Being agile in supporting the ad-hoc needs of the whole Community Engagement team.
- Assisting your State Managers and Directors to develop long and short-term strategies for each of their portfolios, giving particular light to the role of State-based volunteers in each.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who loves working with and managing people. You understand how to manage them and how to set them up for success in their role.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can talk-the-talk and walk-the-walk, you’re able to facilitate collaboration across teams.
- You are a do-er and when push comes to shove, you get things done. You knuckle down and are not afraid of hard work.
- You’re a logical thinker – you can read a high-level strategy and boil it down to the actions that need to be taken to see it come alive.
- You’re all about targets and goals – you aren’t afraid to go above and beyond to see them reached.
- You’re all about having fun and helping to build a strong community.
We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience. So go for it. Put your name forward
What you will get out of it:
- The opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the best young leaders in this country.
- Be part of an incredible community of passionate, supportive and capable people.
- You will overcome challenges and grow as a person in ways you didn’t know were possible.
- Make a massive contribution in creating a more just world.
- The chance to manage people and watch them reach their full potential.
- Become a mastermind of management, operations, fundraising and grassroots campaigning
TIME COMMITMENT: 2-3 days a week | This role is voluntary
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 26th July 2021 11:59PM
- This role requires individuals to be between 16-26 years of age
- This role requires individuals to complete work onsite (Melbourne) or virtually
About the organisation
Oaktree is young people leading a movement to end extreme poverty. Extreme poverty has already been halved and together we can end it.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Deputy Head of Community Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.