About the role
The Work, Economic Security and Social Inclusion (WESSI) department is one of eight departments at the Brotherhood that has responsibility for assisting people who are unemployed to access opportunities to live and work independently through effective, high quality employment and training and support programs.
The role of the Digital Literacy Trainer is to help bridge the digital divide our clients are experiencing which creates barriers to accessing employment opportunities. This role will collaborate with staff across multiple programs and support clients one-on-one to help bridge that gap by assisting them to use their internet, devices and basic computer programs to achieve their goal of securing a decent job.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will initially provide support via a digital platform, changing to face-to-face support only when it is deemed safe to do so.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience or qualification in teaching/training delivery
- Basic skills in some or all of the following computer systems and programs:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet Banking, Internet use (specifically, looking for jobs via job seeking web sites), Emails, Online Conferencing (ZOOM, Skype, Teams), smart phone technology
- A can-do attitude, flexible and creative approach and the ability to ‘think outside the box’
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
We are extra keen to involve people who have:
- Experience working with disadvantaged communities
To learn more, apply now!
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Digital Literacy Trainer via Pro Bono Australia.