About the role
As a Digital Mentor, you will be responsible for empowering seniors to increase their digital skills, confidence and connection, through 1 hour weekly sessions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support Participant in learning how to use their Samsung Tablet.
- Support Participant in learning new digital skills. This could be emails, Facebook, downloading apps, YouTube, online shopping and more.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring sessions for 1 hour per week, via Team Viewer and telephone.
- Participate in monthly catch up sessions with assigned Connection Support Officer
- Participate in online induction, training and ongoing training and development.
- Participate in virtual reward and recognition events and check-ins.
- Work in a safe manner.
- Adhere to the organisation’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
To become a Digital Mentor, you will need to:
- Be patient and kind.
- Demonstrate good communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and consideration for seniors.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Be reliable-able to commit for weekly sessions.
- Experience using Team Viewer desired but not essential.
- Previous coaching and mentoring experience whilst valuable, is not essential.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in the aged sector is ideal but not -essential.
- Well presented.
- Over age of 18 years of age due to insurance purposes.
- Must have the right to work / volunteer in Australia.
- Able to supply two personal references (relatives are not considered suitable references).
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check-Aurous Ltd will support you through this process.
As this is a virtual volunteer role, you will be required to use your own computer, tablet or smart device, have reliable internet and telephone and be able to access emails.
Training and support provided.
About the organisation
Aurous Ltd is committed to using the power of connection to reduce isolation and loneliness in Australia's most vulnerable.
This is achieved through our social connection programs including Digital Mentoring, Digital Visits, In-Home Visits, Drop-In Chat and Group Chat programs.
However, we cannot achieve this without the wonderful support of our volunteers!
Currently, we have 350 virtual volunteers who support us in achieving our mission.
Why volunteer with us?
As well as making a positive and rewarding difference in the lives of seniors, you will be volunteering for an organsiation that is committed to valuing and recognising your contribution.
To support our volunteers, we have ongoing online training and development, online thank you events, virtual volunteering positions, reward and recognition strategy, excellent and supportive culture, assigned Connection Support Officer, Volunteer Advisory Committee, volunteer newsletter and more!
How to apply
To apply for this role or to view other vacancies with Aurous Ltd, please click on the link below to complete your application.
What happens next?
Please note, shortly after applying through our website, you will receive a training log in. Please check your junk / spam folder.
Induction and training allows you to view if this role is right for you before commencing. Training is online but needs to be completed within one week of applying. Applicants who cannot complete the training within one week but are still interested, are encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Digital Mentor-Virtual volunteer position via Pro Bono Australia.