About the role
Do you have a passion to be a leader in our local community?
If so, express interest in joining our Board as a Director
Highett Community Financial Services Limited operates Highett Community Bank® Branch, a franchise of the Bendigo & Adelaide Bank. The Branch opened on 17 March 2001 and has invested over $2.55 million into the community through sponsorships, grants and donations. We support many amazing local community organisations and sporting groups as well as schools and kindergartens.
The Branch is embracing a time of significant change. Our new Chairperson is leading a dynamic and re-energised team of volunteer Directors and Branch staff into a phase of growth, innovation, and deeper partnerships with the local community. We are looking for three new Directors to join us on this journey.
We are seeking expressions of interest from people who are:
- Community-minded with an interest in “giving back”
- Comfortable working collaboratively and within a team
- Positive and constructive in meetings
- Able to devote time to Director duties (around 6 to 8 hours each month)
- Living or working locally to Highett and surrounding areas
Basic skills in the following areas are required:
- Financial literacy
- Verbal and written communication
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and social media
In particular, we are seeking Directors with the following skillsets:
- Accounting and auditing, or Policy, planning and research, or Employee relations and human resources management, or Governance and/or quality assurance and compliance, or Regulatory and legal
In return, we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic, dedicated, close-knit team and build local networks
- A sense of satisfaction from making a difference and supporting positive impact in the local community
- A range of personal and professional development options
- An annual honorarium and reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses
Interested in finding out more? Phone Chris Wheeler (Branch Manager) on 9555 6055 or email our Company Secretary, Jasmine Parker via email@example.com.
Applications close Friday, 12 July 2019.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : (03) 9555 6055
Please quote in application: Director via Pro Bono Australia.