About the role
Human and Hope Association Inc. is a registered charity that empowers communities to address inequalities. We achieve this through two approaches:
– Raising awareness in Australia about the unintended consequences of voluntourism and advocating for a local approach to development.
– Supporting a grassroots community centre in Cambodia who run education, vocational training and community development programs that alleviate poverty.
The newly created Director of Fundraising role is a non-executive board member who is responsible for driving the fundraising strategy of Human and Hope Association Inc.
The Director of Fundraising can expect to spend about four hours per week on independent work and attend a two-hour monthly meeting. Note: More work may be required at specific times.
Competencies, experience and Skills (Role Related)
- Professional experience with fundraising and philanthropy in the not-for-profit sector
- Proven track record in sourcing funds through grants, corporate partnerships and philanthropic endeavours
- Ability to manage juggling priorities
- Previous board experience
- Experience with fundraising for international causes (not essential, but favourable)
Competencies (Personal Attributes)
- Passion for localization and Cambodian-driven solutions – understanding that the local way is the best way when it comes to sustainable development;
- Integrity – fulfilling a director’s duties and responsibilities, acting ethically, appropriate independence, putting the organisation’s interests before personal interests;
- Credibility – have a trustworthy reputation that will result in respect from all stakeholders;
- Collaborative yet curious and courageous – able to function as an effective team member and have the curiosity to ask questions and the courage to persist in robust discussions;
- Active contribution – be an active contributor with genuine interest in HHA Inc. and the importance of local empowerment.
- Be a key driver in implementing the fundraising strategy with the CEO
- Mobilise connections to fulfil the fundraising strategy
- Bring new, innovative ideas to the organisation
- Help develop policies when necessary
- Attend monthly board meetings
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and your C.V to President Simon Matuzelski at email@example.com. Enquiries about the role can be made to CEO Sally Hetherington OAM at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0424 080 186.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Sally Hetherington OAM
Phone : 0424080186
Please quote in application: Director of Fundraising - Human & Hope via Pro Bono Australia.