About the Role
Director (volunteer) – Treasurer portfolio
Founded in 1920, we are Australia’s oldest professional association of complementary therapists. Representing Western herbalists and naturopaths, we are the only national professional association specifically concerned with the practice and education of Western herbal medicine (WHM) in Australia.
We are currently seeking a qualified chartered accountant or certified practising accountant to be a volunteer director assuming the Treasurer portfolio on the NHAA Board.
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintaining proper financial records.
• Working with the Financial Accountant and Executive Officer, preparing and reviewing budgets, monthly accounts and financial statements including liaising with the external accountant.
• Financial modelling to guide the Board with its decision-making around future resource needs and investment.
• Liaison with the external auditor to oversee the preparation of the annual financial statements.
• Preparation and presentation of Treasurer Reports at Board meetings and the AGM.
• Presentation of Annual Financial Statements at the Annual General Meeting of Members.
• Accountable to the President and attend and actively participate and contribute to quarterly Board meetings.
• Maintaining regular Board and management communication between meetings.
• Providing guidance to operational staff on financial procedures as required.
• Chair the Finance Committee, submit minutes to the Board and review the Terms of Reference annually.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0297972244
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Director – Treasurer portfolio via Pro Bono Australia.