About the Role
The Board of Girl Guides Australia is seeking expressions of interest to join our national board as an appointed director.
These appointments come at a crucial time for the Guiding movement in Australia. 2017 is the third year of a new five-year strategic plan and the Board have approved an ambitious work program to realise its vision.
GGA is keen to hear from interested parties who:
• Demonstrate commitment to the vision and ethos of Girl Guides Australia and the World Association of Girl Guides & Girl Scouts
• Are supportive of the agreed strategic plan
• Have experience in providing strategic oversight and in making governance level decisions
• Have a working appreciation and understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of sitting on the national board of a federated not-for-profit organization
• Understand director’s duties and corporate governance responsibilities
• Have a good understanding of financial and risk management
GGA is seeking persons with knowledge and experience in:
• Directors Duties (recognised governance qualification preferred)
• Strategy and governance
High level knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas will be highly valued:
• Accounting and risk management
• External partnerships and fundraising
• Member engagement including brand, marketing, and public relations
Directors also need to demonstrate commitment to the National Code of Conduct (including the Promise and Law of Girl Guides Australia) and will be asked to sign off on privacy policies and to meet all regulatory requirements.
People under 30 years are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deep Guiding experience would be highly valued but is not a requirement.
This is a voluntary role. GGA Directors will be remunerated for agreed expenses.
Further Information at https://www.girlguides.org.au/join-guides/positions/volunteer/gga-board-appointed-director/
Please review our website for further information about Guides Australia.
Parties interested in seeking further information on this EOI can contact Marianne Karam the Company Secretary, of Girl Guides Australia by email (email@example.com).
Closing date for the EOI is 17 November 2017.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Director/Board member via Pro Bono Australia.