About the role
Bring your skills in Marketing, Communications, Community or NFP to support the world’s largest grassroots movement for the environment – Earth Hour 2020 – and inspire millions of people to take action for our planet & nature.
- Volunteer opportunity with one of the world’s largest and most respected conservation organisations
- Premier 5 Star Green Office in Ultimo
- Be a central part of Earth Hour 2020
WWF’s global vision is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF-Australia is part of the WWF International Network, the world’s leading, independent conservation organisation. We are active in over 100 countries and have close to 5 million supporters internationally. WWF’s mission is to halt the decline of threatened plants and animals and to support their recovery. We know that we can achieve more by partnering, sharing, empowering communities, forming alliances and building a movement for the environment. Working together is the answer. It is our goal to bring about this unified voice for nature.
Earth Hour’s greatest strength is the power of people. Since it began in Sydney in 2007, Earth Hour has become the world’s largest grassroots movement for the planet. The campaign has brought the subject of climate change into the mainstream. At 8.30 pm on Saturday, 28 March 2020, the world will switch off its lights for one hour to send a strong message of support for stronger climate change action to protect biodiversity.
About the role
Be a part of Earth Hour 2020 by assisting in a range of tasks such as project team administration, media activities, event logistics organisation, stakeholder engagement and/or community outreach to help build a movement of supporters taking action for climate change, in the lead up to and on the night of 28 March 2020.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in producing content for digital and social media
- Familiarity with social media platforms and monitoring systems
- Ability to work as a team to produce results within short deadlines
- Creative, positive and solutions focused working style
- Respect for and understanding of diversity and different cultures;
- A passion for conservation and tackling climate change
- Ability to work constructively both independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate computer skills e.g. Microsoft office, Google apps, databases
WWF will provide you with:
- A fun, creative and inspiring working environment
- Experience working on a cutting edge global climate campaign
- Exposure to leading climate change advocacy and community engagement
Please not that this role requires you to work on one Saturday, the 28th of March 2020.
WWF values diversity and is building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. WWF is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to review the Job Description and can apply via http://www.wwf.org.au/about-us/jobs-at-wwf Only those applicants applying online via the eRecruitment System will be considered.
Please include the following two attachments: (1) a cover letter/statements against the selection criteria and (2) your resume (CV), including two referees.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Earth Hour Volunteer – Social Media Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.