About the role
Empowered Together is a young led not-for-profit organisation that works towards the peer led primary prevention of sexual violence. We are looking for an Education Facilitator Manager who will take a key leadership position in the organisation, focusing on improving how Empowered Together trains facilitators, including recruiting facilitators when needed and running facilitator training sessions.
Key duties include:
1. Facilitator education – Assisting the operations team by running facilitator training sessions, and proactively supporting facilitators to better understand and communicate the workshop content. Note that some of this training may need to be conducted online due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but some will also be done face-to-face so facilitators can practice
2. Facilitator recruitment – Supporting the recruitment of facilitators when needed.
3. Facilitator feedback – Ensuring that facilitator feedback is communicated to the operations team to be included in the workshops so that content remains contemporary and useful for students.
4. Running workshops – Acting as a facilitator yourself by running workshops in secondary schools on the topic of consent and sexual violence prevention
We are looking for someone who:
• Is deeply passionate about the primary prevention of sexual violence
• Has a background in education, either through studies or work experience
• Is proactive and self-sufficient and can perform tasks with minimal supervision
• Is confident with public speaking and leadership
The successful candidate will be expected to be available Sundays at 2 – 4pm when our facilitator training takes place. These run every second Sunday. You will not be expected to attend every session but should ensure you can attend the majority.
Commitment outside the training sessions are expected to be around 3 hours a week.
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together. All positions at Empowered Together are volunteer positions.
Joining our Operations team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual violence.
As Education Facilitator Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
• Gain invaluable practical experience training facilitators and facilitating workshops themselves
• Make contacts with other educators and schools
• Undertake a leadership role where you will be managing a strong and diverse team of young people
• Connect with a community of like-minded individuals passionate about the prevention of sexual violence through education
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Chief Operating Officer, Ryan Ward at email@example.com. He is also happy to answer any questions or queries at this address.
All applications are due by Sunday 14 February 2021.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Education Facilitator Manager via Pro Bono Australia.