About the Role
The role of the United Nations Association of Australia (UNAA) is to facilitate community education on important issues and to raise general awareness and support, for the invaluable role of the United Nations. Our goal is to inform, inspire and engage.
Further details are provided and available at: unaa.org.au
The Association is comprised of various State Divisions and a National body which oversees overall operations. The NSW Division (comprising approx 300 members), is managed by an Executive team comprising about 12 people, including a Divisional President and two Vice Presidents. We have no paid staff or employees and are supported by a small team of (mainly student) volunteers.
The Executive committee meets on the third Wednesday of each month (4-6pm) in the AMP Building at 50 Bridge Street, Sydney. Our main operational function is to co-ordinate various events throughout the year, primarily focusing on special UN designated days. Recent past events have included:
– World Humanitarian Day cocktail function (approx 100 attendees)
– 2 day State Conference (approx 250 attendees)
– World Indigenous Day forum (approx 25 attendees)
– Vice regal cocktail reception at Government House (approx 150 attendees)
– UN Day cenotaph/wreath laying ceremony and Parliament House luncheon (approx 200 attendees)
We are seeking to appoint an events management intern (an unpaid role), who would be prepared to provide dedicated services for approx 10 hours per week, in order to assist with the effective running of our events.
In particular, this role would be responsible and accountable for:
– Preparing the relevant events business plan/proposal for subsequent approval by the Executive Committee
– Seeking appropriate funding (through suitable grants/sponsorships) and managing the budget (in conjunction with the Divisional Treasurer)
– Selecting suitable venues and finalising associated contractual arrangements
– Assisting the event organiser with development of the program and sourcing of speakers etc.
– Developing the relevant promotional campaign, event flyer etc.
– Managing our marketing database (approximately 600 people) and arranging for distribution of the event promotional material
– Establishing the events booking arrangements (currently through trybooking.com) and managing the rsvp/guest list
– Developing the event day run sheet and attending to logistical issues associated with the actual event (eg seating plans, room layout, catering arrangements etc.)
– Overseeing event registration and preparation of name tags, delegate handouts etc.
– Ensuring appropriate merchandise and marketing collateral (eg banners, membership brochures etc) are on hand and in place
– Preparing the post event report and related evaluation
One of the initial tasks for the successful applicant will be to prepare an events management procedures manual, which will set out the relevant processes, checklists, planning tools etc., in order to ensure the smooth running of future events.
The successful applicant will report directly to our “Vice President – Programs” (unless otherwise determined), and will liaise with the relevant organiser as appointed for each individual event. The intern will also be expected to abide by and accept the Conditions of Service as applicable to UNAA National Interns and Volunteers.
It is envisaged that the role would be for an initial commitment of at least 4 months and would be subject to renegotiation thereafter. Commencement date is negotiable.
The Successful Candidate
It is expected that the successful candidate will meet all/most of the following criteria:
– High level organisational/administrative skills with good attention to detail
– Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal
– Highly responsive and able to meet tight deadlines
– Excellent team player
– Solid work ethic
– Commitment to the goals and ideals of the United Nations
– Prior experience and/or qualifications in events management / fundraising
– Strong computing skills
Please send your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm on Friday December 15, 2017. Your application should be no more than 2 pages and should focus on the above selection criteria. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and we are unable to provide feedback on individual applications.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0411360300
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Event Management Intern via Pro Bono Australia.