About the Role
GIO 2018 IWRF WRWC INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
EVENT OPERATIONS INTERN
Reports to: Manager Operations
Dates: Start of June – end of August (Event time: 5-10 August)
Availability: 2-3 days per week
Location: Sydney Olympic Park
Disability Sports Australia (DSA) Office in the lead-up to the event and event venues at event time (5-10 August)
From 5 – 10 August 2018, the Quaycentre (formerly the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre) and Genea Netball Centre will be home to the world’s top 12 wheelchair rugby teams including the Australian Steelers who are the reigning Paralympic and world champions playing to defend their world title on home soil.
We are looking for students who would like to join the event delivery team in an internship role. The intern will work closely with the Manager Operations to develop schedules and documents for the event. This will be a very hand on role to develop key skills in event operations.
The event operations intern will assist with:
• Liaison with the different stakeholder such as venues and suppliers
• Developing and updating production schedules
• Preparing checklists and timelines
• Attending progress meetings
• Set up procedures and processes for event time
• Source items
• Administrative support
• Updating event planning documents
• Friendly and approachable
• Problem solving skills beneficial
• Be resourceful and proactive
• Reliable and committed
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient user of Microsoft Word and Excel
What can you gain?
• Hand-on involvement in event operations
• Communication skills
• Learn to work with a team
• Planning skills
• Event delivery techniques
To apply for this position please forward your Resume together with a Cover Letter outlining WHY you are interested in this position to email@example.com
For any questions, please contact the Workforce Team on 0497 066 387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0497066387
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: EVENT OPERATIONS INTERN-2018 Wheelchair Rugby World Championships via Pro Bono Australia.