About the role
Who we are: Action for Happiness Australia (AfHA) is a recently established health promotion charity whose mission is to create a happier and more compassionate society by helping individuals and communities take practical action to improve their own wellbeing and make others happier too. AfHA is part of a global network who work to help people take practical action on happiness. We are backed by leading experts from diverse fields including psychology, education and economics, and our patron is His Holiness the Dalai Lama. We have no religious, political or commercial affiliations and welcome people of all faiths (or none) and all parts of society. The Events Coordinator is responsible for:
- Assisting the development of new events – with the purpose of raising funds, building awareness and creating ‘meaningful spaces’ for participants to connect.
- Coordinating event logistics, inc: liaising with venues and suppliers, sourcing raffle/auction items, overseeing ticket sales and responding to enquiries.
- Developing and maintaining the event checklist and run sheet.
- Building awareness of each event through social media and other means.
- Ensuring expenses and income are recorded and the budget is not exceeded.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure sufficient event volunteers.
- Previous experience or qualifications in event management or fundraising.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Mail Chimp, Event Bright and Facebook is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is organised and loves developing relationships.
Hours and resources:
- Attend bi-monthly Operations Meetings (meetings occur after hours and are generally 2 hours).
- We are looking for the right person to commit 1-2 hours per fortnight. There are no set hours, so the role can be completed at the discretion of the volunteer.
- Be available to attend the events.
- Generally, the role can be completed outside of office hours; however, some contact with stakeholders may be required during office hours.
- The role requires the applicant to be willing to use their own computer and phone.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0419825342
Please quote in application: Events Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.