About the role
Who we are: at Action for Happiness Australia (AfHA) we aim to create a happier and more compassionate society by helping individuals and communities take practical action to improve their own wellbeing and make others happier too. We are part of a global movement of people from all walks of life who are taking action in their personal lives, communities, workplaces and schools to help create a happier and more caring society. We apply the growing wealth of scientific evidence of what really works.
We are backed by leading experts from diverse fields including psychology, education and economics, and our patron is His Holiness the Dalai Lama. We have no religious, political or commercial affiliations and welcome people of all faiths (or none) and all parts of society.
We’re entirely volunteer-run and we’re looking to grow our team so we can have more impact.
The Events Coordinator is responsible for:
- Assisting the development of new events – with the purpose of raising funds, building awareness and creating ‘meaningful spaces’ for participants to connect.
- Coordinating event logistics, inc: liaising with venues and suppliers, sourcing raffle/auction items, overseeing ticket sales and responding to enquiries.
- Developing and maintaining the event checklist and run sheet.
- Building awareness of each event through social media and other means.
- Ensuring expenses and income are recorded and the budget is not exceeded.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure sufficient event volunteers.
- Previous experience or qualifications in event management or fundraising.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Mail Chimp, Event Bright and Facebook is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is organised and loves developing relationships.
Hours and resources:
- Attend bi-monthly Operations Meetings (meetings occur after hours and are generally 2 hours).
- We are looking for the right person to commit 1-2 hours per fortnight. There are no set hours, so the role can be completed at the discretion of the volunteer.
- Be available to attend the events.
- Generally, the role can be completed outside of office hours; however, some contact with stakeholders may be required during office hours.
- The role requires the applicant to be willing to use their own computer and phone.
About the organisation
Follow us on Facebook (Action for Happiness Australia) or Instagram (@happtivist)
How to apply
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
Please quote in application: Events Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.