About the Role
TreeProject is a non-profit volunteer-based organisation leading the way in sustainable re-vegetation throughout Victoria by providing low cost indigenous seedlings to landholders.
As the Events Coordinator, the first activity will be to plan and implement a variety of events in 2019 to celebrate the TreeProject’s 30-year anniversary of which is in April 2019. You will be given support to recruit volunteers to assist with the Celebration implementation. Subsequent to the 30 year Celebration the role will be to improve TreeProject’s capacity to grow landholder and volunteer membership through promotions, exhibitions, or events that present TreeProject to the wider public or specific interest groups. The objective of the public events will be to recruit individuals as landholders, who will orders seedlings, and volunteer seedling growers.
You should have substantial experience in planning and organising events and working in a non-profit committee structure.
The role is a voluntary position. Work will be both off-site and in the Melbourne CBD office and comprise approximately 2-4 hours per week.
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities:
- 30 Year Celebration
- Work with the TreeProject committee and the TreeProject community to determine suitable events or activities to celebrate our 30-year anniversary
- Plan the scope, format, location, budget and services required for each event
- Prepare plans to ensure that the events comply with all required legislation and regulations, including those related to health and safety
- Manage the event registration process
- Coordinate all services at the events
- Market the event and promote sponsorships
- Recruit, train and coordinate additional volunteers
- Rural Shows / Exhibitions
- Urban Community festivals
- Environmental Conferences or Seminars
- Membership activities – Film Nights etc.
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has the following key attributes or is willing to develop these attributes:
- Relevant experience in events, external relations and marketing
- Understanding requirements for each event
- Planning event with attention to financial and time constraints
- Booking venues and schedule speakers
- To work with Communications Manager
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines, community relationships and priorities on every event
- Assisting in the recruitment and training of the volunteer event team
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to your volunteer team
- Well-developed written communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment.
Reporting and governance
In addition to being a Committee Member the Events Coordinator is part of the Marketing and Communication subcommittee through which the Marketing and Communication manager will guide the appropriate communication strategy and presentation. The Events Coordinator will report to the TreeProject committee at monthly committee meetings. The Committee of Management meets the second Thursday of the month from 5:00 -7:30 at 247 Flinders Lane Melbourne. All Committee members must act in good faith in the best interests of the organisation and have a responsibility to exercise reasonable care and skill in carrying out the role as subcommittee members. All Committee members must know and understand the TreeProject statement of purpose, rules, policies and procedures as well as their obligations as set out in the Associations Incorporation Act and its associated regulations.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0409131841
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Events Coordinator Committee Member via Pro Bono Australia.