About the Role
Events Intern – volunteer role PD
RMCC empowers refugee and migrant children and youth to create their own opportunities.
Our programs tackle the unique barriers faced by vulnerable refugee and migrant children & youth in order to stop the cycle of disadvantage they are experiencing. We have four empowerment focus areas: education, identity and belonging, life skills, and mental health and wellbeing.
The RMCC journey started back in 2012 with a homework club and has evolved to us assisting over 600 kids across multiple programs, and by 2020 our goal is to reach over 2000 kids.
Events Intern Role:
As the Events Intern you will assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of various local and large scale fundraising events such as community stalls, sausage sizzles, annual raffle, digital campaigns and RMCC’s annual arts event.
• Assist with the planning, coordination and supervision of RMCC community fundraising events and activities with exceptional confidence;
• Present to external groups, organisations and corporate about volunteering or
fundraising for RMCC;
• Assist and support other volunteers in the organisation.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Passionate about the mission of RMCC and creating change for vulnerable refugee and migrant children;
• Knowledgeable of refugee and asylum seeker issues;
• A driven self-starter that thinks outside of the box;
• Excellent written English and verbal communication skills;
• Attention to detail, strong ability to multi-task and problem solve;
• Demonstrated project management and time management skills to effectively meet deadlines and goals;
• Ability to work cross-functionally to contribute to the success of RMCC;
• Prior volunteer experience looked highly upon, especially within events;
• Attend monthly team meetings outside of business hours;
• Able to volunteer a minimum 2 days a week, for a minimum of 6 months.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Events Intern (volunteer) via Pro Bono Australia.