About the Role
You will work as an Executive Assistant to our School Principal, who has a standard of professionalism, mindful communication, and organisational skills. This role is suitable for someone looking to further themselves, both professionally as well as personally. You will be trained and mentored by a high calibre professional executive.
Not only will you enjoy working in a dynamic, honest and creative executive team, you will also take part in the life of the school: meeting and greeting parents, students, teachers; partaking in school events; involvement in the weekly activities of a school; involvement in charity work of the school.
The position provides the volunteer an opportunity for a purposeful contribution to the YOUTH via EDUCATION. For those with an interest to learn more about Buddhism, you will also have the opportunity to take part and see how Buddhism is taught to instil the values of compassion, lovingkindness, equanimity and selfless joy in both adults and students.
– Managing written and verbal communication and correspondence on behalf of the Principal
– Managing the diary and schedule of meetings/appointments of the School Executive
– Liaising with Government departments and other external bodies (mainly charity organisations)
– Office duties such as filing, taking phone messages, data entry
– Recording meeting minutes and drafting meeting agendas
– Participation in events and functions of the school
– Assist the School Executive team with follow ups relating to projects or deadlines
– Performing research and preparing reports
– Coordinating assignment of tasks to other volunteers, students and staff
– Performing tasks referred by the School Executive team
Skills and Requirements:
– Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
– Computer Skills: proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
– At least 50 wpm typing speed
– High and reliable organisation skills (a mindset that adheres to systems and procedures)
– High discipline in work efficiency and productivity
The volunteer expects to have good personal discipline, is honest, has integrity, reliable and responsible. Both positive and constructive feedback will be provided, so the volunteer is required to have an open-minded approach to critical feedback and learning.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0297557778
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant to the School Principal via Pro Bono Australia.