About the role
Since 1976, the Australian Association for Environmental Education NSW Chapter (AAEE NSW) has worked collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to promote education for sustainability in NSW.
AAEE NSW is:
- the NSW professional association representing those with a passion for education for sustainability (EfS), both in paid and voluntary capacities, from all sectors and industries;
- part of a national organisation that represents environmental and sustainability educators across Australia. Our activities complement and extend what is being done nationally;
- responsible for providing high quality EfS services to members in New South Wales including our biennial state conference, grant projects, awards, scholarships and the revitalisation of the Sustainable Schools NSW program;
- a not-for-profit, incorporated, member-based, non-government organisation that is guided by our vision, mission, core principles and strategic priorities; and
- committed to promoting and using Make the Change: A Framework for education and engagement for environmental sustainability 2014- 2021 to help achieve this Strategic Plan.
Lots of exciting things are coming up in 2020 for AAEE NSW including:
- growing our network of partners to increase the reach of our projects
- investing in our staff team of passionate, experienced educators and Project Coordinators
- embedding and expanding the reach of Take Me Outside NSW
- continuing to grow Sustainable Schools NSW, and more
We’re seeking individuals who share our vision, values and with any of the following professional experiences to join our Executive Committee:
- Treasurer (finance background)
- Legal and Governance
- Organisational structure/growth
- HR and employment
About the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee works closely with the Executive Officer (EO) and plays a key role in the governance of the organisation.
As an Executive Committee member you will be responsible for:
- Organisational adherence to the AAEE NSW constitution
- Oversight of delivery of our Strategic Plan 2018-2021
- Maintaining compliance with relevant statutory laws and regulations
- Ensuring strong financial management of the organisation
- Providing the EO and broader team with support, guidance and feedback
- Consistent attendance and active engagement at Executive Committee meetings
- Timely engagement with online communications
Executive Committee members are required to be financial members of the AAEE national body. Individual membership is $105 per year at http://www.aaee.org.au/join-now/
How to Apply
To express your interest in joining the Executive Committee, please complete the following application form by 11:59pm on 27th September 2019: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/exec201920
Applications from across NSW will be considered.
If your nomination is supported by two association members, your nomination will be put forward at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday 4 October 2019
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Executive Committee Member (Ordinary Member or Office Bearer) via Pro Bono Australia.