About the role
● Scheduling Executive Committee meetings and Annual General Meeting
● Collate and distribute meeting papers.
● Recording minutes of Executive Committee meetings, ensuring their accuracy and distribution.
● Following up actions with Executive Committee members between meetings.
● Ensuring Birdlife WA is meeting the requirements and policies of both Birdlife WA and Birdlife Australia, particularly the ‘Network Governance and Policies Document’.
● Performing other ad hoc administrative duties as the need arises (may include checking Birdlife WA email. account and forwarding enquiries to relevant committee members for response).
- Ensure compliance with the Constitution of Birdlife Australia.
● Attendance at monthly Executive Committee meetings and Annual General Meeting.
● Be informed of the work of Birdlife Australia and publicly support and promote it.
● To understand strategic, operational, and financial decision making, as appropriate;
● To assist the Chair or Vice Chairs, where required.
● To provide support to the Executive Committee on compliance with policy and procedure.
About the organisation
Who we are: Birdlife Western Australia is a branch of the Birdlife Australia network.
BirdLife Australia is the country’s largest organisation devoted to the future of our native birdlife. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we are dedicated to conserving Australia's birds and their habitats through advocacy, targeted research, on-groundwork and monitoring.
Our work over decades has shown that our conservation efforts are most effective when we focus our activities at a regional scale, to particular species or by concentrating on specific sites of interest. Much of our work is done by our network of Local Branches and Special Interest Groups through our Reserves and Observatories. Together, they form the BirdLife Australia Family.
How to apply
Please forward your application and CV to the Joint Chair Dr. Beth Walker at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Executive Committee Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.