About the role
Seeking an experienced graphic designer to join our small but rapidly growing Warrior Woman team.
The Warrior Woman Foundation is a registered Australian charity based in the Northern Beaches of Sydney NSW, supporting young marginalised women throughout Sydney’s metropolitan and greater west with a goal to expand nationally rapidly.
We are a brand new organisation in start up phase with a goal to launch in January 2021.
We are a predominantly volunteer run charity which empowers young women leaving out of care and transitioning into independent living. It also assists marginalised girls to advance their career trajectory by matching girls with career mentors with expertise in their chosen field they wish to pursue.
We are seeking an experienced graphic designer (male or female) to join our friendly team to seek and create the images we require to accompany our social media posts, blogs and featured articles posted on platforms such as Linkedin as well as our website. Additionally, one off tasks we would love you assist us with is the design of our very first banner to display at events, our eDM template and a full page advertisement for magazine print (we rely on free space through distress pages for this).
We are a small but growing team of women who are extremely passionate about the protection of children and the advancement of young women. We are all about teamwork, being ethical in everything we do and enjoy working with like-minded volunteers who we value.
Our website is currently being built but when it is up and running (which should be within a month) it can be found at www.warriorwoman.org.au
About the role
Founder and CEO. Working alongside a volunteer copywriter/writer.
The job requirement:
Time per week: Approximately 2-4 hours (this may vary at busy times when we have events)
- Initial face to face meeting with our CEO in our Northern Beaches office to create a plan. After that correspondence can be digitally or over the phone, however if you would like to work in the office one day a week (your chosen hours) that is perfectly fine. We are a team who promote flexible working hours and we want this to be a role that is enjoyable as possible.
- Perfect for a stay at home mum/dad, who wants to get back into working, a uni student studying design or simply someone who has a passion and skill for design and giving back.
What we would like you to do:
- Choose appropriate images from royalty free websites to match the social media and blog content we will provide you. As we progress we will have more of a collection of our own images to use. We use Canva Premium for not for profits.
- Consistent branding-keeping to our style guide, chosen colours and fonts ensuring all images have our logo.
- Provide us with a branded template for when we our team have additional social posts we would like to add (such as events and good news that require immediate posting). This would include providing us with all social media versions.
- A small collection of hero shots to accompany any digital/print we may require.
- Creativity and innovation-being a new charity on the block, we would like our charity to stand out in a very crowded not for profit space, so we are looking for images which are eye catching, a talking point and a little bit outside the square yet in keeping with our mission.
- We would love you to design our banners.
- We would love you to design our eDM template.
- We would love you to design an advertisement for national magazines (so we can utilise distress pages).
We would require approximately 2-3 images a week for our social media for all platforms. Ideally we would post Monday, Wednesday and Friday (this may vary and is just a rough guide).
A bit more about what we do:
The objectives of The Warrior Woman Foundation are to:
- reduce the stress involved in young vulnerable women leaving out of home care who are transitioning to independent living and are at high risk of homelessness
- provide a safe, stable and socially inclusive network of women to turn to for advice and ongoing support
- equip young women leaving care with the knowledge and the life skills to live independently
- provide assistance in finding safe and stable accommodation
- provide assistance in finding the right education and training
- provide assistance in finding employment
- provide assistance in finding regular welfare support
- ensure that these young vulnerable women do not end up homeless
Outcomes we aim to achieve The Warrior Woman Foundation.
After the program beneficiaries will have achieved the following:
- independent personal identity e.g. Medicare card, licence, bank account, passport etc
- clear goals for present and future trajectory of education, training and employment
- safe, stable place to call home with the ability to meet their own basic needs
- sense of belonging as part of the ongoing support of The Warrior Woman Foundation community
- the knowledge and ability to manage money and save for a financially secure future
- the skills to run a household eg. washing, cooking and cleaning
- the skills to travel autonomously
- strong links with health professionals and ongoing mental health support
- the ability to identify and retain healthy stable relationships
- the knowledge of legal rights and where to get support
- the support and encouragement to pursue their career goals
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Experienced graphic designer to join our small Warrior Woman team via Pro Bono Australia.