About the role
Position Title: Non-Executive Board Director
Location: Can be anywhere in Australia (site location: Sunshine Coast, QLD)
Tenure: 3 years plus eligibility for re-election
About Wandi Nerida
Wandi Nerida is the trading name for Butterfly Residential Care Pty Ltd and is limited by shares. It is a not-for-profit company 100 percent owned by the Butterfly Foundation, Australia’s leading national charity for eating disorders and body image issues.
Wandi Nerida is situated on a beautiful, serene, 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders. It will be a licensed private mental health facility that provides a unique service within the eating disorder care continuum and accepts referrals from all states and territories in Australia. Within the ecosystem of eating disorder services, Wandi Nerida will fill the gap between hospital admission and outpatient care to provide an opportunity for a more intensive psychological recovery and more seamless integration of services.
This purpose-built, multidisciplinary staffed facility will provide a healing space where people living with eating disorders can work, over time, towards healthy minds and bodies. The B-FREEDT model is recovery orientated integrating lived experience as a key feature of our staffing model. In addition, to Wandi Nerida providing a safe, innovative environment for those most in need of psychological and physical care, it will be an important pilot project for future Australian models and facilities. The care we deliver will allow us to gather the evidence we need to make the case for the provision of high-level residential care and support across multiple sites around Australia.
Help make recovery a reality.
Improve the quality of life for those affected by an eating disorder.
Wandi Nerida values are at the core of everything we do and support our model of care. All participants, staff and families are expected to support our values being translate into practice.
I: Integrity: we are honest, open, ethical, and fair and we. Innovate: in everything we do we challenge our ideas of what is possible.
C: Connect with Compassion: we show up as real, vulnerable transparent human beings who speak from the heart, value other’s contributions, and invest in each’s others growth.
A: Accountable: We welcome honest conversations that challenge when necessary and do not make assumptions-we ask and answer questions and rely on each other to make solutions.
R: Respect: The trust and respect we have for each other infuses passion into everything we do.
E: Encourage with Equality: We believe that greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential and valuing our differences.
Being on the Wandi Nerida Board requires a minimum time commitment of 2-4 hours per month:
- Preparing for and attending, in person or virtually, a 2-hour board meeting each month.
- Preparing for and attending, in person or virtually, one 2-hour subcommittee meeting each quarter.
- Preparing for and attending, in person, a one-day retreat once every year.
- Engaging in urgent operational matters that crop up occasionally.
We are looking for board directors who bring a range of expertise in several the following skill areas:
- Strategic expertise – the ability to review the organisation’s strategy through constructive questioning and suggestion and contribute to the effective decision making of the board.
- Finance & accounting skills – the ability to read and comprehend accounts and financial material presented to the board, financial reporting requirements and some understanding of corporate finance.
- Legal & risk management skills – the board’s responsibility involves overseeing compliance with numerous laws as well as understanding the individual director’s legal duties and responsibilities. We are also looking for experience in managing areas of major risk.
- Governance experience – experience serving on other boards, or in running an organisation with a strong relationship with its board. AICD director’s qualification would be desirable.
- Compliance and Risk Management – experience in identifying and managing strategic risk and compliance.
- Industry knowledge – experience in similar organisations (private and/or public hospital service provision) would be useful.
- Being an NFP Board there is an expectation that Board members will be involved in some operational activities.
Desirable specialist skills and experience:
The Board is currently looking for new Directors with one or more of the specific skills identified below;
- Legal – formal qualification / professional experience in the legal field.
- Financial/Accounting – formal qualification / professional experience in the finance and accounting field.
- Lived Experience – a lived experience of an eating disorder.
- Marketing – consumer/healthcare marketing
- Fundraising/Philanthropic, Fundraising and/or Foundation Management – experience in Non-profit and foundation operations including development of principles and practices, Annual giving, corporate and foundation relations, personal solicitation of major gifts, capital campaign planning.
- Strong board level experience as an executive or non-executive director.
Applications and enquires
To apply, please supply your resume and a brief cover letter expressing your interest by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject Title: Board Director, Wandi Nerida.
For enquiries about this position, please also email email@example.com.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0294124499
Email : HR@butterfly.org.au
Please quote in application: Expression of Interest – Board Director, Wandi Nerida via Pro Bono Australia.