About the role
Do you have outstanding experience in finance, sharp commercial acumen and an innate desire to make a positive difference in a dynamic and complex non-formal educational environment?
The Board of Guides Queensland is seeking applications for a Chair of Finance to join our Board as an appointed director.
Girls Guides has a long history in Australia with Queensland celebrating our Centenary year in 2019. With a membership of over 5,500 women and girls, this appointment comes at a crucial time for the Guiding movement as we navigate COVID-19 and the reality of yet- to- be felt economic impacts across Queensland communities.
Girl Guides Queensland (GGQ) is in the second of a three-year strategic plan and the Board have approved an ambitious work program to realise its vision. The Chair of Finance will provide strategic leadership for the financial governance of GGQ, optimise risk management and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
GGQ is keen to hear from individuals who:
- Demonstrate commitment to the vision and ethos of Girl Guides Australia (GGA) and the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS)
- Are supportive of the strategic plan
- Have experience in providing strategic oversight and in making governance level decisions
- Understand director’s duties and corporate governance responsibilities
GGQ is seeking persons with knowledge and experience in:
- Directors Duties (recognised governance qualification preferred)
- Strategy and governance
- Relevant tertiary and professional qualifications (e.g. CPA certification), demonstrated technical knowledge and/or professional skills in one or more of the following: finance; risk management; governance and/or audit
- 5+ years’ experience in risk management in the not-for-profit and/or public sector
- People under 30 years are strongly encouraged to apply
- Guiding experience would be highly valued but is not a requirement
- Experience working within the NFP/Membership sector would be highly valued.
The Chair of Finance is required to model the GGA Code of Conduct and be responsible for adhering to the GGQ’s Policies and Procedures and Girl Guides Australia as they relate to his/her role, so far as they are consistent with the Constitution and policies of Girl Guides Queensland.
This is a voluntary (unpaid) role. Directors will be remunerated for agreed expenses.
Further information on the Position Description is available here
Please explore more of our website for further information about Girl Guides Queensland.
Please submit a cover letter addressing the PD and a short resume to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 29 May 2020.
About the organisation
Organisation name: Guides Queensland (Trading as Girl Guides Australia)
Not for Profit: Yes
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Finance Chair of Girl Guides Queensland via Pro Bono Australia.