About the role
- Values-based organisation
- Largest non-government provider of community services in Australia
- Dynamic and supportive team
About the role
The Finance Committee of the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania is currently seeking members.
The Finance Committee is one of three committees that supports the governance functions of the Property and Operations Committee through:
- detailed monitoring and review of the financial performance of the Synod based ministries and Synod operations and Reporting Institutions of the Synod, and associated risks;
- providing guidance on how to achieve the financial sustainability of the Synod; and
- providing advice on financial matters, and associated risks, to the Property and Operations Committee or the Standing Committee as required.
The Finance Committee meets monthly except for January.
To secure this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce, or a related field
- Membership of a professional accounting or auditing body (e.g. CPA, Institute of CA, etc.)
- Experience with financial management practices, budgeting, planning and control in a large organisation
- Knowledge about the UCA and its ethos (advantageous)
To apply: If you are interested in hearing more about this possibility please contact Rev Jay Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The Uniting Church in Australia is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. The Synod of Victoria and Tasmania supports over 600 congregations and presbyteries in the region, providing a diverse range of services and functions, including mission services as well as financial, property and business services.
As an organisation, UCA values justice, inclusion, compassion, shared leadership, respect, integrity, wise stewardship and innovation. A willingness to work within the ethos of the Uniting Church is essential.
- Professional and friendly environment
- Opportunity to contribute to essential Synod functions
- Supportive team
UCA is an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity and equal opportunity in employment. We welcome applications from all candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds, First peoples and all others regardless of age, ethnicity, religion, disability and sexual orientation.
UCA is committed to providing a safe environment for all including children. Successful candidates are required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and sign a Keeping Children Safe Code of Conduct. Successful candidates may also require a Working with Children Check.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Finance Committee Member via Pro Bono Australia.