About the Role
Chalk Circle is an independent non-for-profit organisation that creates conversations around gender literacy to empower the next generation. Founded in 2014, we engage the community with credible, relatable, and empowering information regarding gender literacy. Our priority populations are young people and people from traditionally marginalised backgrounds.
Our team members work on a range of projects including events, workshops in schools and campaigns. In this role you will be responsible for accounts management and related financial responsibilities
- Perform day-to-day accounting including sales invoicing and payment of volunteer reimbursements and suppliers using cloud-based accounting software
- Perform month-end close process to reflect prepayments, accruals, etc. under accrual accounting basis
- Develop annual budgets, and prepare monthly management reports, quarterly Board reports, special purpose financial reports and grant acquittals
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of financial processes and internal controls
- Sound understanding of accrual accounting and Australian Accounting Standards
- Demonstrated experience in using cloud-based accounting software and Excel
- Demonstrated experience in preparing budgets, management reports and financial reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice internal controls, with experience in identifying and implementing additional controls preferred, but not essential
- Experience working in not-for-profits preferred, but not essential
- This position will require the successful candidate to hold/obtain a Working With Children’s Check.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0423233064
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Finance Officer via Pro Bono Australia.