About the Role
Palliative Care Victoria (PCV) wishes to appoint a new member to the Finance, Risk & Compliance (FRCC) Sub-Committee of the Board.
The FRCC assists the PCV Board to carry out the governance processes as outlined in the Term of Reference for the Finance, Risk and Compliance Committee (attached under the “Position Description” section below).
PCV invites expressions of interest from persons who can demonstrate skills and experience relevant to the following selection criteria:
1. Accountancy qualification and related professional experience.
2. Experience in and/or affinity with the community/not-for-profit sector in Australia.
3. The ability to understand financial information and to communicate this clearly to non-finance professionals.
4. Experience in investment management and or fundraising would be well received.
5. Education and experience in Board governance is desirable.
6. Alignment with Palliative Care Victoria’s values of respect, collaboration, integrity and compassion.
7. Reference and police checks.
1. An initial meeting with the Chair of the FRCC and the CEO to share information, discuss the role and establish if there is a good fit.
2. An opportunity to attend a meeting of the FRCC as an observer, to meet the FRCC members and to gain insights into how the Committee operates. An initial orientation can be provided at this stage.
3. If there is mutual interest to proceed, the FRCC may make a formal appointment to the position of Committee Member for an initial term of one year. This provides an opportunity for periodic discussions and feedback with the Chair.
4. The new FRCC member receives a formal orientation, including a handbook of Board governance policies and procedures, and information about Palliative Care.
FRCC members serve in a voluntary capacity. Meetings are held quarterly – usually on Tuesdays from 12 to 1 pm – and are held at PCV’s office in East Melbourne. Reimbursement is available for travel and parking expenses.
There is scope for appointment to the PCV Board in due course. The position of Treasurer will become vacant towards the end of 2018.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 03 9662 9644
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Finance Risk and Compliance Board Sub-Committee Member via Pro Bono Australia.