About the role
Empowered Together is looking for a passionate and motivated young leader to join our Finance Team as a Financial Analyst. Empowered Together is a not-for-profit organisation that works towards the peer led primary prevention of sexual violence by running workshops in schools.
The Financial Analyst will report to our CFO and is responsible for improving the financial status by analysing results and recommending actions.
The Financial Analyst will:
● Play a pivotal role in maintaining solvency of Empowered Together and in implementing its strategy.
● Review and analyse financial information to extract value-adding
● Help implement, develop and improve financial processes and procedures.
● Assist in financial management of Empowered Together including
forecasting, trend analysis budgeting and cost analysis.
● Assist in diversifying Empowered Together’s revenue streams by preparing grants and sponsorship applications.
We are looking for someone who fulfils the below requirements:
● Basic knowledge of accounting and finance.
● Intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
● Strong writing and formatting skills
● Passionate about the fight against sexual violence
● Critical thinker
● Enjoys working within a team environment
The successful applicant will be expected to commit 5-8 hours a week. This is flexible as most work is done in your own time. The successful applicant will be expected to commit to the role for a year.
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together.
Joining our Finance team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual violence.
As a Financial Analyst, you will have the opportunity to:
● Gain experience in creating and improving the financial status of an organisation.
● Develop skills in communication, analytics and problem-solving.
● Be a part of the mission of educating the community on consent and sexual assault.
● Work with a dedicated group of young individuals.
● Attend events on behalf of Empowered Together and work with our expert advisory members.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Chief Financial Officer, Kishan Pathak at firstname.lastname@example.org along with any questions you may have.
All applications are due by 7 May 2021.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Financial Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.