About the role
The Financial Empowerment Resilince Network (FERN) delivers financial capability education for participants who wish to improve their financial wellbeing.The program is part of the Brotherhood’s work to achieve full social and economic inclusion for all. The program’s key objectives are to support individuals, including BSL employees and people in the community (participants) to increase their financial wellbeing.
The role of the Financial Wellbeing Facilitator is to work with program participants to address their financial barriers and help them improve their financial wellbeing. The volunteer will collaborate with the Financial Capabilty Coordinator to co-deliver financial capability workshops, and support of FERN program participants.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will provide support via a digital platform, changing to face to face support only when it is deemed safe to do so.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience or qualification in teaching/training delivery
- Confidence in presenting to groups
- Interest in personal financial management and financial inclusion General computer confidence, particularly in the use of online conferencing platforms
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- The ability to volunteer once a week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays OR Fridays during school terms for a minimum or 6 months (with scope to extend after this time).
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood of St Laurence
Applicants with skills in languages other than English are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are extra keep to involve people who have:
- Experience working with disadvantaged communities
To learn more, apply now!
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Financial Wellbeing Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.