About the role
The Australian Climate Action fund seeks to empower every day Australians take meaningful action against climate change on a large scale.
We are seeking out a founding director to join us at an exciting time where your ideas and experience will help shape the future of our organisation.
As a founding director you will assist us with our strategy to become a registered charity with the sole purpose being the protection and enhancement of the natural environment through fostering initiatives that reduce the impacts of climate change associated with fossil fuel energy use and investing in renewable technologies.
To support our strategy and operations you would ideally have sufficient time to effectively commit to board work (as a guide approximately 15 – 20 hours per month) and ideally have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital marketing
- State and Local Government
- Environmental sustainability
- Board membership and company management
- Digital technology & web based platforms.
As a member of the board of a charity to be registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), Board members have duties and responsibilities prescribed under the ACNC Governance Standard 5, which include:
- To act with reasonable care and diligence
- To act in good faith in the best interests of Greenpeace and for a proper purpose
- Not to improperly use information or position
- To disclose conflicts of interest
- To ensure that financial affairs are managed responsibly
- Not to allow the charity to operate while insolvent.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Founding Director – Australian Climate Action Fund via Pro Bono Australia.