About the role
Are you friendly and enjoy having a chat? As a volunteer, your role is to have a friendly chat with people who make contact on the telephone, talking about everyday topics. This is not a crisis intervention or counselling service.
Volunteers will be provided support and training.
You will answer incoming calls via a computer and have a friendly chat with people as well as completing simple data entry tasks online during your shift.
Some of the skills and qualities we are looking for;
* Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
* Previous volunteer experience is desirable but not necessary
* Experience or willingness to learn about community organisations
* Basic IT proficiency
* National Police record check
* Adhere to and promote the values and mission of Friends for Good
* Commitment to volunteering
About the organisation
Friends for Good is a national not-for-profit organisation that focuses on loneliness and social isolation. We are volunteer-driven and, thanks to the amazing support of our volunteers have already provided over 12,000 calls to people experiencing loneliness across Australia.
How to apply
Please follow this link http://bttr.im/ygkx9 and fill in the application form
Please quote in application: FriendLine Call Takers WA via Pro Bono Australia.