About the role
Purpose of the Position
Fundraisers are critical to the success of ShelterBox by helping to raise much needed funds that are used to purchase aid for families affected by disaster. Every dollar helps!
Whether you are into running marathons, making cakes or throwing dinner parties, you can transform a fun event with your friends and family into vital funds for ShelterBox.
Car rallies, bake sales or sponsored adventure activities – the possibilities are endless! By going the extra mile and organising an event for ShelterBox, you are helping our ShelterBox teams go further. We value our Fundraisers who all use their passion and transform it into essential funds for ShelterBox.
Requirements and qualifications
- Have enthusiasm for supporting ShelterBox through your own fundraising effort
- Keen to spread the word and rallying support within your community
- Willingness to learn about ShelterBox’s mission and operations
- Complete the volunteer application process
- Able to respond quickly after a disaster (e.g. fundraise at short notice in response to an international disaster)
- Fundraisers are part of a larger ShelterBox team who all work to achieve our goal where no family is without shelter in a disaster
- Set yourself a fundraising goal
- Choose from one of our fundraising ideas or events, or come up with your own!
- Stay informed about ShelterBox, its operations, and deployments (emails, newsletters,
Facebook, blogs, and videos are available to support you in this)
- Activate in times of disaster by sharing updates and raising funds
- Spread the word about the great work of ShelterBox in your community to assist in raising
awareness and funds
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Fundraiser via Pro Bono Australia.