About the role
We are looking for 1-2 volunteers for a part-time 1-2 month position who is purpose-driven, passionate about making a difference and changing lives through our charity.
The positions offer the successful candidates the opportunity to build experience and to gain insight into the workings of a non-for-profit that is recognised for its progressive and innovative mental health surf therapy programs. Your support ensures our fundraising campaign has maximum impact to fund free programs to those who need help.
As Partnerships volunteers, you will work closely with the Sydney-based Partnerships Officer and National Partnerships Manager, to manage all inbound interest and enquiries from fundraisers and the general public, as well as procure fundraising prizes. This helps our charity achieve the desired campaign outcomes in both a financial and awareness building capacity.
You’ll be the ‘voice’ of WOW when communicating with our supporters. Organising and maintaining fundraiser sign up data is a key part of this role, so you’ll need to be organised and structured, with good attention to detail.
The volunteer positions are required from September for 1-2 months, for approx. 6-12 hours p/week (within office hours). Flexible hours to be mutually agreed to. Work is currently remote, with the ability to come into WOW’s HQ office in Sydney’s CBD available and from time to time (pending COVID-19 restrictions). All volunteers are required to provide their own computer and phone for use, and will be reimbursed for any approved expenses that occur in relation to the role. This position is unpaid.
- Manage incoming interest from fundraisers via social media marketing
- Develop phone scripts and email templates to potential fundraisers
- Call, email and attend to general public enquiries
- Organising and maintaining fundraiser sign up data
- Assist in the procurement of raffle prizes
- Monitor the campaign inbox
- Help acknowledge donors and fundraisers by making phone calls upon the completion of the campaign
- Represent WOW with the general public, communicating the impact, importance and operations of WOW
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills and phone rapport
- Comfortable with making cold calls
- Organised and structured, with good attention to detail
- Confidence to bring new ideas to the table
- A passion for mental health, a love for the ocean and/or surfing is welcome
- Ability to work collaboratively with the partnerships team and communicate with various stakeholders
- Experience in fundraising/customer service/sales
- Experience working for a non-profit
About the organisation
WOW is a for-purpose mental health charity committed to changing the face of mental health. We strive to change lives through innovative mental health and wellbeing programs based on our three pillars of wellness, social inclusion, connection to nature, and engagement in meaningful activity. Our mission is to create and implement innovative mental health programs that break down the barriers and stigma that prevent people from being well.
How to apply
If you think you’re the right fit for us and ready to bring the WOW factor with you, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and include your CV plus a brief outline of why you would like to volunteer with us as well as your availability and possible time commitment.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Campaign Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.