About the role
We are looking to recruit a new volunteer with fundraising experience to join our team as a Fundraising Coordinator.
● Time: 3-4 hours/wk (increases around events)
● Term: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
● Regular meetings: I will attend at least 75% of Sub-Committee meetings, held every two months on Zoom in the evening with volunteers around Australia.
● Manage fundraising events in support of PDI’s field projects;
● Develop a yearly fundraising strategic plan including a budget and fundraising goals for at least 2 major events per calendar year (eg. Gala Dinner, Trivia Night, Concert, Fun Run etc.) and other avenues for fundraising (eg. Public speaking occasions, online campaigns, local school support);
● Carry out all event administration, keep detailed records (including receipts and invoices) and manage funds raised in a timely manner;
● Organise fundraising team meetings and subsequent communications;
● Liaise with key stakeholders, namely all board members, team members, PDI community members and the general community in planning events;
● Attend board meetings as required to provide updates and communicate strategic objectives.
● Passion for PDI and understanding of our ethos
● Fundraising or event coordinator experience (highly desirable)
● Ability to dedicate time to each event (time will vary depending on event requirements);
● An ability to manage volunteers;
● Excellent verbal and written communication;
● Organised and able to meet multiple deadlines.
About the organisation
Possible Dreams International envisions a future where rural communities in the Kingdom of Eswatini (Swaziland) are able to transcend the insidious cycle of disease and poverty, to lead healthy, independent, dignified lives with sufficient food, clean water, sanitation, income and security. We partner with rural communities in the Kingdom of Eswatini (Swaziland) to improve health through a strategy of upholding dignity, emergency relief aid, and sustainability projects. Our Swazi team on the ground is supported by a passionate international community, predominantly in Melbourne.
How to apply
Please email your CV/LinkedIn Profile to apply for this role to: email@example.com
Please quote in application: Fundraising Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.