About the role
It’s Not A Compliment is committed to maintaining a strong, diverse and intersectional board where individual members bring unique strengths to the organisation.
At this point in time, we are looking for two directors to join our board. Applicants are expected to have a demonstrated or lived commitment to intersectional approaches to feminism, and policy advocacy more broadly.
INAC Board Directors are responsible for:
- Protecting the mission of the INAC and supporting the organisation in building a movement focused on achieving street justice for all
- Actively contributing to the organisation and staying well informed on its mission, programs, activities and operating environment
- Ensuring long term strategy is in place, including developing, evaluating and refining the organisation’s strategic plan
- Ensuring organisational oversight using an intersectional framework, including approval of major strategic and financial decisions.
- Assist in fundraising to help the organisation attain its goals, including securing potential donors
- Reading papers before all meetings and being prepared to engage in deliberations by adding value to discussions to reach decisions
- Acting in the best interests of INAC at all times
- Ensuring the organisation remains compliant to regulatory bodies
- Driving annual organisation review and risk review process
- Ensuring the organisation uses its finances in a sustainable way
- Providing expert and strategic advice to the Executive Director as required
- Upholding Board confidentiality.
INAC is committed to maintaining a strong, diverse and intersectional board where individual members bring unique strengths to the organisation.
We’re searching for individuals who:
- Have demonstrated experience and/or interest in INAC’s work
- Can act as an ambassador for INAC, and can use skills, knowledge and experience to promote the best interests of the organisation and assisting in fundraising.
- Have significant Non-Executive Director experience
- Have strong knowledge of governance.
At this point in time, we are looking for a new Director with extensive experience in fundraising. Duties include:
- Bringing knowledge of successful fundraising principles to the INAC board
- Chairing the fundraising committee
- Working with the fundraising committee to Identify potential grants or corporate sponsors
- Supporting the fundraising committee to organising fundraisers
- Providing input into or developing fundraising plans
- Working with the Board and fundraising committee to set and meet key sponsorship targets
- Laying the groundwork with Heads of Government, philanthropic foundations and corporations for further support from these sectors.
Applications close on 7 May 2021 at 5 PM.
About the organisation
How to apply
Phone : 0412919424
Please quote in application: Fundraising Director (Non-Executive) via Pro Bono Australia.