About the role
Our small charity is seeking several individuals with fundraising experience to fill our Fundraising Officer role(s). We are looking for someone who will go above and beyond and play an integral part within our team in this target-driven role through excellent fundraising development and relationship management.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
This position is an unpaid pro bono or volunteer position. You will be contributing to helping us make a difference in the lives of others, while gaining career experience, and may also receive a Letter of Recommendation to assist you in your future career aspirations.
Living in metropolitan Perth is desirable, however we are always willing to accept applicants who can contribute their skills and time remotely, including those living interstate.
Hours are estimated to be between 6 to 12 hours per fortnight. There are no set working hours, aside from any fundraising related events, functions, or meetings with stakeholders which you have agreed to attend.
As a Fundraising Officer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and organising donor acquisition campaigns and communications.
- Overseeing donor communication programs, sending thank you materials, and some phone calls.
- Identifying new opportunities with third party fundraisers including individuals, businesses and companies, schools/universities, councils, organisations, sporting clubs and other identified groups who feel engaged, supported and inspired to fundraise for us.
- Developing and growing corporate and community revenue including workplace giving.
- Planning, coordinating and assisting in carrying out community fundraising activities and events in your local area or somewhere you are able to travel to.
- Attend and contribute to street collections or other fundraising events.
- Assisting with fundraising activity reporting and record keeping, including data entry and document creation.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience in sales, marketing and/or fundraising.
- Previous experience and understanding of community fundraising and/or events in a similar capacity requiring engagement with third-party fundraisers, community groups and volunteers.
- Proven stakeholder relationship management experience.
- Previous experience with donor management.
- Experience in the development and management of peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns and online fundraising platforms is desirable.
- An aptitude for sales and business development.
- Trustworthy, methodical and consistent.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication style.
- Ability to work independently with researching opportunities and drafting content.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
- Public speaking and presentation skills are desirable.
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Fundraising Officer Application (Pro bono Australia).
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Fundraising Officer (6 to 12 hours per fortnight) via Pro Bono Australia.