About the Role
Our small charity is seeking one or more individuals with fundraising experience to fill our Fundraising Officer role(s). We are looking for someone who will go above and beyond and play an integral part within our team in this target-driven role through excellent fundraising development and relationship management.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
This position is an unpaid pro bono or volunteer position. You will be contributing to helping us make a difference in the lives of others, while gaining career experience, and may also receive a Letter of Recommendation to assist you in your future career aspirations.
Based in metropolitan Perth is desirable, however we are always willing to accept applicants who can contribute their skills and time remotely.
Hours are estimated to be between 5 to 10 hours per fortnight and there are no set working hours, aside from any fundraising related events and functions that may require your attendance.
As Fundraising Officer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying new opportunities with third party fundraisers including individuals, businesses and companies, schools/universities, councils, organisations, sporting clubs and other identified groups who feel engaged, supported and inspired to fundraise for us.
- Planning, coordinating and assisting in carrying out community fundraising activities and events.
- Developing and growing corporate and community revenue including workplace giving.
- Assisting the Volunteer Coordinator or other team members with the coordination and management of volunteers for specific activities, including street collections or other fundraising events.
- Assisting the Treasurer with fundraising activity reporting and record keeping.
- Planning and organising donor acquisition campaigns.
- Overseeing donor communication programs and sending thank you materials and some phone calls.
- Identifying and preparing submissions to Trusts, Foundations, Government, Local Government bodies and other potential funders is welcomed but not essential.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience in sales, marketing and/or fundraising
- Previous experience and understanding of community fundraising and/or events in a similar capacity requiring engagement with third-party fundraisers, community groups and volunteers.
- Proven stakeholder relationship management experience.
- Previous experience with donor management.
- Experience in the development and management of peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns and online fundraising platforms (such as Everyday Hero) is desirable.
- An aptitude for sales and business development.
- Trustworthy, methodical and consistent.
- Experience managing the grant acquittal process.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication style.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
- Public speaking and presentation skills are desirable.
- Experience with coordination, preparation and submission of grants is desirable but not essential.
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Fundraising Officer Application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Fundraising Officer via Pro Bono Australia.