About the Role
Join Australia’s leading animal welfare research foundation and make a difference in the lives of thousands of cats, dogs and people!
The Australian Pet Welfare Foundation (APWF) is seeking a dynamic Fundraising Development Manager to build our fundraising base so we can keep driving evidence-based solutions that save the lives of pets and people around Australia.
APWF is supported through a mixture of fundraising campaigns, corporate partnerships, grants and volunteer time. Our new Fundraising Development Manager will build on this by developing and implementing creative corporate and community engagement plans, strategic marketing and fundraising activities. Ultimately, everything you do should raise the profile of APWF, generate enthusiasm and commitment regarding our work, and extend our network of supporters and donors.
What does the role involve?
The primary focus of the role is to design and implement strategies and activities related to fundraising, philanthropy & relationship-building (supported by the Executive Director and Chief Scientist).
This will include the following responsibilities:
- Cultivate & maintain relationships with current & prospective donors at the major gift level
- Identify opportunities for corporate, institutional and grant funding, and prepare and present compelling proposals to secure financial support
- Focus on donor and support experience, including introducing innovative ways to attract and retain donors
- Meet key performance indicators that include phone calls, meetings, emails, letters & proposals to support the fundraising process
- Manage relevant donor information and databases (including making sure we meet relevant privacy standards and requirements)
- Provide guidance and support to our passionate volunteers in the implementation of fundraising activities.
The role would suit an experienced career fundraiser (or a senior development or direct marketing manager) who has experience in a wide range of fundraising activities and proven success of substantial income generation. Experience preparing fundraising applications and writing compelling proposals/grants is also key.
Would this be a ‘good fit’ for you?
You would be perfect for the role if you are a donor-loving, strategic and creative dynamo who loves coming up with innovative ways to engage people with important topics. It’s a must that you have a soft spot for our furry friends, and feel strongly about animal welfare. Ideally, you will also:
- Understand the not-for-profit or research sector (or be passionate about applying your exceptional skills from the corporate space to community fundraising)
- Have excellent relationship-building skills and the ability to engage people both individually and through events and online interactions
- Have demonstrated experience & success in a relationship fundraising role including individual donors, charitable trusts & foundations and corporate partnerships
- Be skilled in face-to-face engagement
- Feel comfortable translating research or technical concepts into accessible and compelling language and communication (Note: excellent written and verbal English skills are a must)
- Be self-directed and able to identify and work towards priorities
- Have great attention to detail and delivery
- Be known for being savvy and resourceful with minimal budget
- Be results-oriented and able to deliver on fundraising targets.
- Experience in digital marketing, online campaigns and social media would be advantageous, but not essential.
If you have suitable experience and talent, don’t delay and apply now! There are animals in need waiting for you to make their lives better. Just send your CV by clicking on the apply button. Otherwise, if you are genuinely interested in this role but would like some additional information please call Emeritus Professor Jacquie Rand, Executive Director and Chief Scientist on 0421 552 582 for a confidential discussion.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0419555554
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Fundrasing Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.