About the Role
Coordinate establishment of International Non-Profit Organisation
– 1-2 days per week
– Immediate start
SMART Recovery is one of the fastest growing global addiction treatment programs, with over 2,500 support meetings across 22 different countries. Our growth has been so rapid that there is now a need to establish a new worldwide body – SMART Recovery International – to govern the expanding number of countries that represent the program at a national level.
Reporting to the SMART Recovery Australia Executive Director, an energetic and methodical project manager is required to assist with setting up SMART Recovery International and implement the ‘Strategic Plan for the Establishment of SMART Recovery International’.
The position will be largely supporting the Senior Leadership Team (Executive Director of SMART Recovery, UK SMART Recovery and SMART Recovery Australia) and the representatives to the SMART Recovery International Board. However, the project will also require complex global stakeholder management encompassing lawyers, funders, program managers, and those with lived experience of addiction. Therefore, the person we are looking for has to be a multi-talented communicator with strong diplomacy skills.
Duties include (but not limited to) assisting:
• Recruitment of independent Directors
• Registration of SMART Recovery International
• Establish and organise global working groups covering branding, marketing, training, etc.)
• Identifying fundraising opportunities for SMART Recovery International
• Public launch of SMART Recovery International
• Have, or undertaking a relevant Post Graduate degree or/and proven track record in project management
• Can demonstrate high-level communication skills
• Express excellent customer service and stakeholder management skills
• Show an excellent standard of use in office technology, including Google Suite and Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a small team.
• Have had fundraising experience
• Have been involved with event management
• Have awareness of the alcohol and other drugs, addictions and mental health fields
• Have had experience unpaid or paid work for a not-for-profit organisation.
• Position type: Volunteer/intern
• Duration: 1-2 days per week for approximately four months
About SMART Recovery Australia
Celebrating its tenth year in operation, SMART Recovery Australia is a registered health promotion charity that coordinates over 230 face-to-face and online recovery meetings across Australia. Our Vision is to make the SMART Recovery program accessible to all people in Australia. Our purpose is to empower Australians with practical skills, tools and support to manage addictive behaviours. SMART Recovery Australia aims to help people help each other to manage their addictive behaviours for the improvement of health and wellbeing in the community. SMART Recovery Australia has seven fulltime staff members.
About SMART Recovery
SMART (Self Management and Recovery Training) Recovery is a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) based program for people dealing with addictive behaviour. It is delivered in a mutual aid group setting. SMART Recovery meetings are facilitated by both professionals and peers (people recovering from addictive behaviours).
About SMART Recovery Internationally
SMART Recovery commenced in the United States of America in 1994. There are now around 2500 SMART Recovery meetings in over 22 countries in the world. With the rapid growth of SMART globally, it was decided in 2017 to establish SMART Recovery International (SRI). The purpose of SRI is to provide worldwide oversight and support to SMART Recovery operations in all member countries, and to foster the development of operations in new locations to grow SMART Recovery programs. SRI is currently being registered in the state of Delaware in the United States of America.
Application close on: Monday 20 November 2017
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to Ryan McGlaughlin, SMART Recovery Australia Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 02 9373 5100
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Global Project Manager (Volunteer/Intern, Part-time) via Pro Bono Australia.