About the Role
Chalk Circle is an independent non-for-profit organisation that creates conversations around gender literacy to empower the next generation. Founded in 2014, we engage the community with credible, relatable, and empowering information regarding gender literacy. Our priority populations are young people and people from traditionally marginalised backgrounds.
Our team members work on a range of projects including events, workshops in schools and campaigns. In this role you will be responsible for a range of governance related needs.
• Assist board with implementing best practice in governance and oversight (e.g drafting policies and procedures, constitutional requirements)
• Liaise with legal advisors on organisational structure and tax issues, including long term strategy around governance
• Liaise with government regulators and other third party organisations on matters of compliance
• Support the sustainability team with any other duties (e.g grants writing)
• An understanding of gender inequalities in Australian society
• Ability to commit approximately 8 hours per week to Chalk Circle
• Experience in governance roles or equivalent study (for example, Law)
• This position will require the successful candidate to hold/obtain a Working With Children’s Check.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0423233064
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Governance Officer via Pro Bono Australia.