About the Role
Who we are:
St Kilda’s Little Mission (Christ Church Community Centre) is a not-for-profit organisation that is committed to creating a community environment which is welcoming, inclusive and supportive of the diverse range of people and groups in our local community. Recognising that poverty of resources and poverty of relationships can lead to social exclusion the Centre offers opportunities for social inclusion and personal growth through a range of programs and services.
We are seeking expressions of interest from people interested in becoming Committee members on our voluntary governing committee commencing November 2017.
The Committee members are responsible for the overall Governance and operations of the centre, as well as its future direction.
There are 3 areas identified that require support on our committee. We are seeking nominations from people with relevant industry and / or governance experience in the areas of:
• Business strategy and corporate partnerships
• Fundraising and marketing
Duration: 1-year term
Location: St Kilda
Time required: Approx. 3 hours per month plus attendance at an occasional event throughout the year.
Expectations of committee members: Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Attendance rate of at least 80% of committee meetings (not less than 8 of the 10 per year)
• Contribute actively to committee work; willingly accepting assignments and completing them thoroughly and on time.
• Keeping up to date with all Centre matters, and preparing well for meetings.
• Building a working relationship with other committee members.
• Becoming an active participant in the committee’s evaluation and planning efforts.
• Participating in fundraising efforts for St Kilda’s Little Mission.
• Demonstrating a high standard of professionalism, integrity and objectivity.
• Using reasonable care, skill and diligence in the performance of their duties.
• Being honest, acting in good faith and not using the role or information obtained as a committee member dishonestly.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0395349250
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Governing Committee Member – 3 Vacancies via Pro Bono Australia.