About the role
We are looking for one or more individuals who are experienced and skilled in NFP grant writing to join our volunteer team as our Grants Officer.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
This position is an unpaid pro bono or volunteer position. You will be contributing to helping us make a difference in the lives of others, while gaining career experience, and may also receive a Letter of Recommendation to assist you in your future career aspirations.
Hours are estimated to be between 1 to 5 hours per fortnight and there are no set working hours. This is a remote based position working from your home, and accepting individuals located anywhere in Australia.
- Identifying funding opportunities, grants, philanthropic trusts, partnerships, and sponsorships.
- Preparing quality grants and funding submissions and assisting with research and analysis to support funding applications.
- Drafting budgets for direct and indirect costs to reflect requested funds against project total.
- Ensure compliance with grant acquittal processes and reporting requirements.
- Managing a database of sources and resources with application callouts and deadlines for forward planning.
- Preparing internal reports and summaries for various team members and our annual report.
- Building team capacity to program, plan and write winning grant proposals.
- Previous grant writing experience with successful outcomes.
- Effective communication and persuasion skills to articulate what our charity does, why we do it, program design, project outcomes and benefits to our community.
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking to work across diverse projects to deliver tangible results.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and maintain deadlines of tasks.
- Ability to collaborate with a virtual team of volunteers via email, phone and other digital tools.
- Secure and private home computer and internet access.
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Grants Officer application (Pro Bono Australia). Applications must be received via email, not this website.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Grants Officer / writer via Pro Bono Australia.