About the Role
Is your graphic style bold, playful, and contemporary? Are you comfortable playing and creating in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop? Do you have experience in using MailChimp?
We are searching for a graphic designer to join our team and work alongside our current graphic designer and design strategist to develop creative, visual content across a range of mediums including print, web, and social media. We’re looking for a motivated designer with a vision, and who takes pride in their work.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a unique combination of honesty, curiosity and initiative, and have a passion for working as part of a diverse, passionate team.
– Build on our current branding to assist in the development of an organisation-wide Brand and Style Guide.
– Create brochures, posters, styled research journals and contribute to the design and development of a mobile app.
– Develop artistic and engaging infographics and diagrams, communicating complex concepts with finesse.
– Contribute to the creation of social media content, alongside the Social Media Manager.
– Build upon our existing YouthReach website design, ensuring that it remains relevant, concise and on-trend.
– Use MailChimp to design and send branded email communications to the public.
Tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant experience in graphic design.
– Advanced level skill in the Adobe suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
– The ability to work from concept to finished art
– Capacity to work across print and web, including app design
– Detailed understanding of print production processes and file preparation for print
– Strong typographic and layout skills
– Demonstrated experience in corporate identity and brand application
– Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook)
– Demonstrated ability to work and contribute effectively within a small team environment
– Demonstrated ability to take initiative, to work independently as well as part of a team
– High attention to detail, excellent organisational and time management skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Knowledge of strategic design and human-centred design concepts, or a willingness to develop these
– Experience with eDMs, web design, animation and HTML coding
– Copy writing and knowledge of UX/UI
– A good understanding of brand and marketing concepts
– Photography and retouching skills
– Video editing skills
– Skills in drawing and digital artwork
The Graphic Design position involves working primarily from home, with flexibility to meet and work alongside our current Graphic Designer from time-to-time. The incumbent is expected to attend our weekly face-to-face meeting on Tuesday evenings, or attend these via Zoom/Skype.
If this interests you, then please submit your application today including your CV, a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and your portfolio that shows at least 10 examples of your design work.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Graphic Designer via Pro Bono Australia.