About the role
Her Heart is currently looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and creative designer to assist Her Heart in applying their creative flare to design collateral such as promotional materials, invitations, banners, flyers and sponsor kits. Her Heart is passionate about health and determined to make a difference in the area of women and heart disease. This volunteer position requires working 4-6 hours per week for a six-months with the potential of moving into a paid position. We are flexible with working days and times and the position is a work from home role.
This role would involve the following:
(i) Previous experience with design which would include:
- Expertise in multimedia design and experience building files for print and digital
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through the revision process while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Experienced designer with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic and passionate creative
- Interested in health and wellbeing
(ii) Proven experience with designing creative graphics for website, social media, marketing, and advertisements this would include:
- Develop creative concepts
- Source images
- Prepare final layout
- Incorporate changes recommended into the final design`
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing
- Prepare artwork for print
Our ideal candidate:
- Has studied in the area of Design plus is interested in Communication & Health
- Has experience and a good understanding of all computer design programs such as InDesign, Canva and others
- Has a strong work ethic and takes initiative
- Is passionate about health and wellbeing
- Has excellent levels of design and creativit
About the organisation
Her Heart is a registered charity and not-for-profit that aims to reduce heart disease in women in Australia by 50% in 2025. It is not well known that 1 woman dies of heart disease every hour in Australia, that is 1 in 3 women and yet 80 percent of heart disease is preventable. With the signs and symptoms of heart disease being very different in men and women, we are dedicated to bringing awareness in order to stop these unnecessary deaths. Her Heart is delivering programs and campaigns that underpin its four core key pillars:
- Awareness: Raising awareness of the prevalence, risk factors and symptoms of heart disease in women
- Education: Mounting important campaigns that will challenge the misconception that heart disease is a problem only for men
- Prevention: Providing practical resources and support for women to reduce their risk, get better treatment and live well
- Advocacy: create a national advocacy body for women and heart disease
How to apply
To apply for this role please go to www.herheart.org to review the Her Heart Website, review our social media channels and posts, which include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to see what we do.
If you are interested and are as excited as we are then please email your CV and an introductory letter telling us about your background, what interests you about this role and why you are passionate about joining our team to email@example.com
Also make sure to include any links to some examples or an online portfolio of your work.
* Only Australian residents will be considered for the role. Please do not apply if you are a tourist or on a tourist visa. This job is a non-paid role.
Please quote in application: Graphic Designer (voluneer) via Pro Bono Australia.