About the role
HANZA key selection criteria;
- Knowledge of a director’s responsibilities – includes an understanding of the role as well as the legal, ethical, fiduciary and financial responsibilities;
- Experience and knowledge in marketing, branding and communications with a keen interest in providing guidance on building digital strategy;
- Ability to lead quarterly newsletter content and design, AGM report and adhoc communications as they arise.
- Strategic expertise – the ability to review HANZA’s strategic position through constructive questioning and suggestion and contribute to the effective decision making of the board;
- The ability to read and comprehend the organisation’s accounts, financial material presented to the board, financial reporting requirements and corporate finance;
- Experience in a broad range of sectors and their associated networks;
- Prior Board experience and leadership capabilities – desirable but not essential. .
All meetings are held on a week day during business hours, via a hybrid model of online and face-to-face (if you are in Melbourne) meetings. The board meets 10 times per annum. It is anticipated the successful applicant will also participate in a few sub committees; these are as follows: Executive, Finance & Risk, Communications, Media & Advocacy, Homeshare Programs and Development, Governance & Nominations.
We encourage a diverse range of applicants.
About the organisation
About HANZA INC
Established in 2006, Homeshare Australia & New Zealand Alliance Inc. (HANZA) is a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit collaborative partnership between homeshare providers and potential providers across Australia and New Zealand. Its role is to support, promote and advocate for the adoption of the home share model. In early 2020, HANZA adopted a new three year strategic plan setting out its vision and goals, along with its approach to realising those aims:
Supported, shared living arrangements for mutual benefit and community wellbeing available to vulnerable populations
To build a network of committed organisations and individuals across Australia and New Zealand that promotes policy, actions and programs around homesharing as a viable, affordable and sustainable model of supported shared living.
The values that underpin the work of HANZA include:
Social justice – we are committed to the principles of the international model of homesharing as a means of sharing resources, creating affordable shared living arrangements and building community.
Evidence based – we seek to found our work on best practice evidence that enhances the development of homeshare programs in Australia and New Zealand
Innovation –we support innovative approaches that promote and expand homesharing policy and programs
Accountability – as an organisation, HANZA strives for transparency, continual improvement and integrity in all that we do.
- To promote the Homeshare model – increase our impact on key policy and actions by working towards the acceptance and integration of homeshare options into policies and programs for vulnerable populations.
- To increase the spread of Homeshare Programs – support the establishment and development of homeshare programs in Australia and New Zealand and build an evidence base that underpins the growth of homesharing as a viable and desirable option.
- To build HANZA into a dynamic and sustainable organisation - ensure HANZA Inc. meets all legislative and regulatory requirements, is managed with integrity and accountability and is financially sustainable.
How to apply
Please send your application, stating relevant experience and how you can add value to HANZA Inc
Please quote in application: HANZA Inc BOARD MEMBER POSITION; MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS via Pro Bono Australia.