About the Role
Want to put your outstanding health project management skills to good use?
Australian Doctors International (ADI) demonstrates its commitment to upholding the universal right to health care by working with local partners to provide and strengthen health services in rural and remote communities in Papua New Guinea.
We are seeking a Volunteer Health Project Coordinator to New Ireland Province for an 11 -12 month deployment staring in late January 2019.
The Volunteer Health Project Coordinator provides logistical support for ADI’s rural outreach health patrols and healthcare worker training program. Priorities include providing support and assistance to ADI in-country volunteer doctors, regular reporting to ADI Sydney office on projects, working to ensure financial procedures are followed, and building ongoing relationship with in-country stakeholders including the New Ireland Provincial Government.
With your help we can achieve great outcomes for our neighbours in PNG. Take the step to explore this career opportunity and where the adventure can take you.
Required skills & competence:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Public Health, Health Management and/or Nurse Education and/or International Community Development or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated successful experience (minimum four years post-graduate) in health management, project management and administration, preferably in rural and remote areas;
- High level project management and coordination skills;
- Demonstrated ability in monitoring and evaluation of data and preparing analytical reports;
- Demonstrated accuracy and knowledge of financial accounting and acquittals;
- High level skills in partner and community engagement and liaison;
- Demonstrated ability to organise practical and maintenance tasks;
- Ability to work independently with limited resources in a challenging cross cultural environment;
- Excellent team and communication skills, including staff support and liaison and a passion for improving health outcomes in rural and remote PNG.
ADI provides a monthly living allowance, food allowance, housing, airfares and other travel expenses.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0414991820
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Health Project Coordinator, Papua New Guinea via Pro Bono Australia.