About the role
Skate Australia High-Performance Skateboarding Committee
From July 1st 2021, the Board of Skate Australia seeks to establish the High Performance Committee to oversee the management of the Skate Australia high performance program for Skateboarding.
The High Performance Committee’s role is to ensure Skate Australia delivers an enhanced and sustainable Skateboarding high-performance program.
The High Performance Committee is accountable to the Skate Australia Board and also answerable
to relevant stakeholders who are investing in the Skateboarding high performance program, including the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), National Institute Network (NIN) members and the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC).
Purpose of HP Committee
Perform the functions of Skate Australia relating to leadership, direction and oversight of high performance;
Functions of HP Committee
- Develop, implement and monitor the high performance plan;
- Ensure the best Australian athletes who are members of Skate Australia qualify and are eligible to compete in high performance events;
- Manage high performance decisions including, but not limited to, athlete support, training, camps, coaching and selections (for individuals, support or teams) related to high performance events;
- Identify and implement arrangements, plans and governing documentation for each athlete to ensure the best chance of success in their relevant high performance event;
- Support members of Skate Australia that may be developing athletes within a high performance discipline (street and park) to compete, or soon compete, in high performance Events;
- Provide direction and reporting on all high performance matters;
- Work with Skate Australia and other stakeholders to develop athletes able to compete successfully in high performance events;
HP Committee Composition
- One Independent Chairperson
- Two persons from the relevant Discipline (Street & Park), with comprehensive technical expertise
- Two persons with considerable high-performance delivery expertise translatable to an HP Committee
Committee Member qualifications and personal attributes
Skate Australia Board is seeking two General HP Committee members that have/are:
- Sports legal and or corporate governance experience;
- A broader understanding or experience in high performance sport
- Other skills that might complement those already captured within the committee membership
- An independent personality;
Skate Australia Board is seeking two Skateboarding specific members that have/are:
- Extensive sport knowledge in either street or park skateboard
- Respected member of the Australia Skateboard Community;
- A strong vision and passion for the future of High Performance Skateboard in Australia
- An independent personality;
- A strong understanding of both the industry and competitive sectors of the sport on a domestic and international level
- A broad domestic and international network of contacts across all aspects of the industry
About the organisation
About Skate Australia
Skate Australia Inc., was founded in 1962 as the National Sporting Organisation for Skate Sports in Australia. We are recognised by Sport Australia, the Australian Olympic Committee and the international federation World Skate.
Working in partnership with affiliated State Skating Associations, Skate Australia brings together the diverse and active skating disciplines of artistic, Inline downhill, inline freestyle, inline hockey, inline speed, rink hockey, roller derby, roller freestyle, Skateboarding - downhill and street luge, vert and the Olympic disciplines of park and street.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: High-Performance Committee Members Skate Australia Skateboarding via Pro Bono Australia.