About the Role
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 4pm – 6pm, Tuedays and Wednesdays 6pm – 8pm
Summary of the program and its objectives
At the Homework Clubs volunteer specialist tutors assist students in a range of subject areas, including maths, English and science, and help with study skills including research, essay writing and time management. They provide specific support for students whose first language is not English. Learn more about the program.
As a Homework Club Tutor you will be required to provide one-on-one or group tutoring to students with a focus on ones’ specialist subjects to the young people that attend Homework Club, develop positive work relationships with young students, be a positive role model to those students and liaise with the Homework Club Coordinator regarding any pertinent information about the students.
To be successful in this role you will need:
* Competency in tutoring students studying Year 12 Biology, Legal Studies, Health, Psychology and/or Business Studies
* Commitment to working in the community sector with young people in an educational setting
* Competency in tutoring students with English as an Additional Language (EAL)
* Demonstrated capacity to work in a team setting
* Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability and willingness to relate to youth, and people from different cultures in a community and educational setting.
* Well-developed understanding and demonstration of personal and professional boundaries
* Understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the BSL
* Graduate level qualification in specialist subject areas.
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of refugee and settlement issues with particular understanding of the effect of settlement on education.
* Experience in the community sector working with young people.
* Teaching or ESL teaching qualification or equivalent experience.
* Understanding of current school curriculum
For more information, read the Homework Club Tutor position description or phone Volunteer Services on (03) 9483 1390.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0394831390
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Homework Club Tutor via Pro Bono Australia.