About the Role
Refugee Migrant Children Centre (RMCC) empowers refugee and migrant children and youth who now call Australia home to create their own opportunities.
The RMCC journey started back in 2012 with a humble homework club and has evolved to us assisting over 650 kids across multiple programs held within and outside of schools, and by 2020 our goal is to reach over 2000 kids in need.
Our mentoring programs have 4 target focus areas: education, identity and belonging, life skills, and mental health and wellbeing. These target areas tackle the unique and complex barriers kids from refugee and migrant backgrounds encounter by creating confidence, improving educational engagement and outcomes, establishing social connections and increasing independence.
We are currently seeking a volunteer Illustrator to join our team at our office in Sunshine, for 2 days per week for a minimum of 6 months. To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated illustration or graphic design experience combined with exceptional communication skills to produce quality artwork for our social media channels, website and educational purposes.
• Produce artwork in accordance with the direction of the CEO;
• Combine hand-drawing and painting with digital media to create complete illustrations;
• Refine designs with illustration software;
• Use various colours, graphics and effects to better visualize each concept;
• Work collaboratively with the Marketing, Communications and Graphics teams;
• Liaise with the management team and key stakeholders and see projects through to
Key Selection Criteria:
• Passionate about the mission of RMCC and creating change for refugee and migrant children
• Qualifications or work experience as an Illustrator, Graphic Designer or similar role;
• Demonstrable portfolio of completed illustrations;
• Experienced in Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator;
• Must be detail-oriented and creative with the ability to conceptualize abstract concepts into impressive on-screen visuals;
• Self-motivated individual that can work both independently and in a team environment;
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral;
• Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight
• Current Working with Children Check and willing to undertake a police check;
• Able to volunteer 2 days per week for a minimum of 6 months;
• Ability to attend monthly team meetings outside of business hours.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a copy of your resume
and examples of your work to email@example.com
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Illustrator (volunteer) via Pro Bono Australia.