About the Role
Do you have a passion for human rights activism? Amnesty International is a worldwide movement of people dedicated to defending and advocating for human rights. All over Australia grassroots activists fight for a world where everyone can enjoy their basic human rights.
The Individuals at Risk Activist Team at Amnesty International Victoria works to empower, inspire, and educate grassroots activists around Australia. The team consists of highly dedicated volunteers who with the support from Amnesty International Victoria staff work on Amnesty International’s international campaigns and cases to develop and support grassroots activists.
As a part of the I@R Activist Leadership Team, you will work with the team to:
– consult with existing activism structures, urgent action networks, and other relevant groups.
– develop easily accessible information, materials, and support toolkits relating to I@R cases.
– provide training and support to existing and new activism structures.
– establish new activism structures.
– assist relevant activism structures in the planning and execution of multiple campaigning activities for I@R cases.
– Previous project, team or leadership experience
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Problem-solving skills
– Able to show initiative and take on individual responsibilities
– Passionate about human rights
Does this sound like you? Are you able to commit 8 hours over 7 days for 8-12 months? If so, do not hesitate to apply! Let us know why you want to be a part of the team, if you have any previous project or leadership experience, and what skills you would bring in to the team.
As this is a volunteer role, we’re unable to provide any remuneration or allowances. However, volunteering with us is fun! You also get activism training and opportunities to learn new campaigning skills and gain a close understanding of how Amnesty International works.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Individuals at Risk Activist Leader via Pro Bono Australia.