About the Role
We are looking for one (or two) talented IT specialist/s to join our team as a Volunteer IT developer.
Children’s Ground is developing a database for recording, tracking and reporting performance for the learning, health and wellbeing, economic, community and cultural development and wellbeing areas. Using Microsoft Access as the reporting function sitting over SQL server (relational database) – with an app for data entry via phone/tablet for accessible and user-friendly data collection.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a bold, independent Not-For-Profit organisation creating a different future for First Nations children, families and communities experiencing the greatest levels of disadvantage and inequity in Australia.
The IT Developer will work with Children’s Ground Research and Evaluation team and support a short-term contractor who is leading the development and data transition for the new data system.
Key skills required include:
- Relational database skills to assist in transforming and transitioning historical data, develop and test reports and dashboards (expected timing is April – Sept 2019)
- Design and developer skills to support the development of the front end technology – a data entry app (timing June – Sept 2019)
Two positions may be required, depending on the skill breadth and depth of applicants.
Our operations are based in Alice Springs and Central West Arnhem and our Support office is based in Melbourne. Applicants from any location are encouraged to apply as the work can be done remotely via Skype and other remote communications platforms.
If successful, you will enjoy:
- Working in a close-knit, small and passionate team
- Being part of an organisation that is pushing to change the future of Australia’s most disadvantaged communities
- Working within an intergenerational approach that supports and values an Aboriginal world view whereby language and culture is at the forefront of learning.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Information Technology Specialist Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.