About the Role
The Community Engagement (CE) team works to create the pathways that allow people to prosper and make communities stronger.
SSI’s Community Engagement team are embarking on a project to make a documentary style short film that showcases some of the incredible community work that we do with refugees, people seeking asylum, people with varying abilities and community members.
The Community Engagement Support Officer unpaid intern role is designed to build practical work experience in office environment. The intern role will provide support to the CE project officer through a wide range of duties and be involved in a diverse range of tasks.
SSI internships are work experience time bound placements for tertiary graduates without payment. Interns receive limited specific reimbursement for approved out of pocket expenses but are not paid while on or for a placement.
- Contribute to short term projects including managing projects by researching, giving recommendations and preparing reports and other material
- Prepare written material including content writing for range of uses including promotional material.
- Editing, proof reading, compiling reports and briefing summaries
- Compile data on Excel spreadsheets for presentation of data and information
- Assist with general support duties including data entry, updating spreadsheets, creating meeting agendas and minutes. Attend meetings as required
- Attend relevant learning and workshops that will assist in undertaking tasks, understanding or skill growth as identified and agreed by the supervisor
- Actively support SSI’s vision and values
- Work in accordance with SSI policies and procedures
- Organisational and time management skills
- Proactive and task orientated requiring limited supervision
- Experience in admin support or has transferable skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Programs- Excel, Word and Acrobat Pro
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong skills in breaking down complex problems and explaining issues to others
- Excellent phone manner and confident in speaking with people face to face and on phone
- Welcoming and team orientated
- Adheres to strict confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Enthusiasm to learn and adapt to wide range of systems, processes and tasks.
All applicants are required to participate in recruitment process and complete SSI’s mandatory background checks.
Please complete attached intern applicant and include a resume.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Settlement Services International
Phone : 1800912823
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: INTERNSHIP – Community Engagement Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.